Specialists in Collaborative law
Collaborative law works on the principle of achieving a fast and fair divorce settlement for both parties while maintaining an amicable relationship between divorcing couples and their children.
In collaborative law, divorcing couples agree on a time frame to settle the divorce out of court and work with a team of professionals including lawyers, financial advisors and counsellors to reach an agreement that minimises disruption, distress and expense.
If the process fails and the couple can’t reach settlement, the legal and financial teams as well as the counsellors are obliged to withdraw.
Benefits of collaborative law
- Puts children’s needs first;
- Concentrates on maintaining an amicable relationship between divorcing couples;
- Provides a fast and fair outcome for both parties;
- A team of professionals including counsellors help you deal with the emotional aspect of your divorce as well as the legal and financial issues;
- Avoids the emotional and financial stress associated with a traditonal divorce and a drawn-out legal process;
- By keeping your divorce out of court, your privacy, dignity and reputation are protected;